Travel

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Thailand travel - 2022

10 days to the date of departure and I am already checked out, my friend observed yesterday. Travel has been a raging passion awaiting a wake up call from a long slumber. I pray this is the beginning. As excited as I am, keeping my fingers crossed and will remain that way to the date of departure. 

Thailand beckons! More than the place, the opportunity to wander and experience outside of the mundane is a stimulating prospect. Checked out for the last month, I have been reading, researching, visualizing and planning. Getting the travel muscle fired back up, I guess.

Looking ahead, it is not the best time to visit Thailand. Monsoon rains at its peak, I do expect to be poncho clad or basking in the umbrella for a good part of my time. But then, one learns that when an opportunity knocks on the door, you don't go aligning all the stars. A bit of randomness and surprise is a good thing.

Having said that, I hope to keep posting now through the trip sharing tidbits that fellow travelers and aspirants may find useful. I have been prepping and updating my Pre-travel todo list for a couple weeks now and ordering things that are necessary. Travel is going to be pretty light with a carry on and a backpack to minimize the possibility and pain of lost checked in luggage.

Total number of days from departure to arrival: 15 (Sept/Oct, 2022)

Keep checking back for more updates as I prepare to head out. Leave your thoughts, comments and any travel advise you may find relevant. I expect to put out a post a week, on Wednesday.

Have a great weekend and a week ahead!

No comments: